Friday, April 30, 2010

Seaside Siren

We are excited to have SeasideSiren coming with her beautiful felted creations!

Meet the Maker: SeasideSiren


Art in any form has always been a passion of mine. My original focus was in clothing design. In high school I learned all of the basics of designing, sewing pattern making, and illustration. After high school my focus became jewelry making. I made and sold jewelry for 11 years, but still made clothing in my spare time. I also kept my fine art skills sharp with painting and sketching. All the while I owned and operated a clothing retail shop.

After becoming a mother I made the decision to work from home and move my sales to the online venues. I started out making and selling all natural dolls for children. This is when I discovered the many ways to work with wool. After my kids were too old for the dolls I made, my interest in doll making faded. I made a few felted handbags for myself and loved them. It didn't take long for me to discover that I could create a real piece of art by needle felting a design onto my bags. That was it for me. I opened up my Etsy shop and started making handbags full time.

I love the idea that I can make a true piece of artwork that can be used everyday instead of just hanging on the wall.



SeasideSiren.etsy.com
http://seasidesiren.blogspot.com/
http://www.artfire.com/users/SeasideSiren

No comments:

Post a Comment